I am a consultant specializing in sustainability, energy and the wine industry. Currently, I am finishing up two MSc. degrees from HEC Paris School of Management and the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), where my studies have focused on sustainability, change management, climate change, and the energy industry, specifically renewable energy development.
I am looking for post-graduation employment as a strategy or management consultant working on energy and sustainability issues, or as an in-house sustainability manager.
Over the last 8 years, I have worked in a wide range of positions within the wine industry. I developed my knowledge of the industry from the vineyard on up. During that same period of time, I have worked in forestry, economic development, an entrepreneurship think tank, advocacy campaigning, non-profits, industry associations, consulting, and helped my family run out sports promotion and event marketing business. Most recently, I co-founded a start-up and registered Public Benefit Corporation, World’s First Wines to help high quality Armenian wines reach U.S. consumers and to improve sustainable winemaking practices across the industry.
As a consultant, I help businesses critically evaluate and assess their current approach to addressing sustainability issues that are material to the company and it’s stakeholders. I believe in empowering businesses to own their sustainability story by helping them build the tools, resources, and action plans that lead to effective and practical implementation of better practices, policies, and operations over time. My work helps businesses better understand where they are, where they want to go, and how they can get there with their staff, resources, and mission.
Ultimately, I aspire to help businesses integrate sustainable decision making into operations and management and to align business models with social and environmental impacts.
Energy and sustainability consultant
5 LAKES ENERGY , Lansing
De Juin 2014 à Septembre 2015
• Managed “Michigan Sustainable Wine: Feasibility Study” to analyze the potential for a statewide sustainability program
• Solicited Congressional sponsorship, and business and non-profit support for the Pew Charitable Trust Clean Energy Initiative regarding legislation on energy efficiency, renewable energy, and fuel and vehicle emissions standards
• Assisted with research and analysis of national energy policies and markets for national renewable energy associations
• Developed and wrote four successful project and grant proposals on water and energy issues worth $250,000
• Coordinated energy audits, energy efficiency and wastewater research, and renewable energy development for wineries
B.A. International Relations
Michigan State University - Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
2007 à 2011