Professional with a broad range of capabilities including achievements in segments such as corporate finance, investments (Big4 and Investment banking) and private equity & venture capital. Proficient in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish. Extensive international exposure (USA, France, Switzerland, Argentine and Canada). Dual Citizenship (Brazilian / Italian)
MAIN CAPABILITIES: investment analysis (qualitative/quantitative), equity research, corporate finance, business modeling and planning, business restructuring, valuation, M&A, strategic thinking, performance improvement, consultative selling, project management and IT.
HEC Paris School of Management, Paris, France Jan/2009 – Sept/2010
Master in Business Administration (Fulltime MBA) - (GPA 3.6 out of 4)
Winner of HEC Excellence and HEC Foundation Scholarships;
Top 5% in the Gmat's math section; and
7 times - #1 Business School in Europe – source: Financial Times(2006 to 2013); The Economist(2014, 2015).
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo, Brazil Apr/2007 – Oct/2008
Master in Corporate Finance - (GPA 9.5 out of 10).
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) program (Passed level 2).
Director – Financial/Strategy Advisory and Restructuring Brazil, 2014 – current
- Monitored companies operational and financial performances, and developed financial and strategic analyses to Banks/Private Equity/Private Investors;
- Sourced and led/co-led M&A, assets sales, capital raising, turnaround/financial restructuring and business consulting engagements in targeted sectors;
- Crafted pitches, management presentations and oversaw preparation of teasers, books and memorandums for a variety of industries (Oil&Gas, Retail, Technology, Cement, Steel, Energy and Mining); and
- Produced researches and support material to base recommendations and sales initiatives.
Sr. Associate – Private Equity & Venture Capital Brazil, 2011 – 2014
- Identified and analyzed potential investments, developing valuation models, writing investment thesis and leading due diligences (increased pipeline of companies by 7x);
- Led/co-led acquisition and exit transactions, crafting and negotiating support documents (IOI, LOI and Term Sheets);
- Developed analyses on markets/industries/segments to support investment recommendations (e.g. data mining, clustering, pattern recognition and market segmention analyses); and
- Monitored investees through intense interaction with top executives and participation in board meetings.
Reason to leave: Company was unable to raise capital for a new fund.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Manager – Corporate Finance (Restructuring/Valuation/M&A) Brazil, 2010 – 2011
- Co-responsible for the turnaround of one of the major Brazilian bookstore’s chain; Searched sources of debt’s refinancing and discussed covenants; and Co-managed the M&A processes.
- Member of the team responsible for the largest Deloitte’s M&A transaction in Brazil, R$ 1.2 billion(US$ 750 million);
- Created and presented business plans and financial/economic models to support “roll up” strategy into energy(biofuel) and agribusiness segments; and
- Designed financial models and forecasts, based on statistical tools, for industries and companies.
Reason to leave: Better career opportunity at DGF.
- Service Solution Manager (Financial Markets - Equity and Commodities Trading) Brazil, 2007 – 2009
- Developed automated algorithm for equity, fixed income, commodities and derivatives to the main financial institutions in Brazil (Itaú, Reuters, Ágora, among others);
- Responsible for team coordination, forecast and competitive intelligence to the service segment, reporting directly to the country manager; and
- Performed findings and prototypes presentations to clients and several internal levels.
Reason to leave: Moved to France to start at the HEC MBA Program
Indicated to the book “the best thesis of FGV in 2008”, for the work “the impact of IFRS to Brazilian companies' financial reports”;
Developed an academic study, based on statistical analyses, called “Different forces that impact firms’ expansion choices over time”, focused on growth based on M&A strategies;
Compared levels of M&A diversification in different segments and geographies;
Considered merger effects on profit, cost of equity and firm value;
Third position in the “Business Plan” competition; built a detailed business plan in the segment of cancer pain killers based on spider venoms; and
Developed a one-year marketing plan for a renewable energy company called Energie 21.
Languages: Portuguese (N), English (F), French (A) and Spanish (I)
New York City, USA / Toronto, Canada / Lausanne-Geneva, Switzerland / Paris, France
Preparatory to the PMI Exam (Project Management Institute);
Technical Analysis - Financial Markets (Enfoque Financial Informations – São Paulo); and
Derivatives, Future and Options Markets (BM&F Bovespa – São Paulo).
CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, CRM, ERP, BPM (Business Process Management), System Integration, SAP, MS Office, MS Project, Minitab Statistical Software, SPSS, Matlab, Oracle Crystal Ball, BigData, databases and programming languages.
Anglais - Courant
Espagnol - Technique
Français - Courant
Portugais - Langue maternelle
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Investment Analysis (Qualitative / Quantitative)
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring and Technology